How to apply


Start your student journey with UHI this September - where learning means more opportunities, experiences, flexibility, support, diversity and more!

Students walking around campus

UHI were rated 4th in Scotland for overall student satisfaction - ranking higher than 14 other Scottish universities!

Nearly 75% of our research has been classified as ‘world leading’ or ‘internationally excellent’ by REF2021.

Undergraduate applicants:

Once you have found a course you want to study the next step is to apply. You can do this by selecting the Apply tab on the courses web page

If you are an international applicant you can apply through the University and Colleges Admission Service (UCAS), using UHI code H49, or using the UHI International application form. Please download and print the form, complete and return using the address indicated. More information is available for international applicants.


Clearing is the way of applying for a university course if:

  • You are not holding any offers from universities or colleges you have applied to
  • You didn't meet the conditions of your offer
  • You are applying after Thursday 30 June.

While Clearing is usually associated with school leavers looking for a place after exam results, from 5 July, it is the pathway into university for everyone including mature and late applicants.

Find out step by step clearing Guide here - Study with us - Clearing (

Postgraduate Applicants:

If you want to apply for postgraduate study you should downloading and printing our application form (pdf), then complete and return it to the address indicated.

If you have any questions please call or email us or call us on 01851 770202.