Support for your Learning


Many people have some additional study support needs - this may be for a condition such as dyslexia or a physical or mental health issue.

Some people may only need help and support for a short time, whilst others may require it for the duration the course of the whole academic year.

Support can include different exam arrangements, extra tutor support assistive technology or extra time to complete assessments. Our aim is to help you to be able to achieve the best qualifications that you can whilst you are with us.

Please contact us to talk about your requirements. This may involve working with you to produce a Personal Learning Support Plan.

Whatever the issue, please contact Student Services as soon as possible to discuss your needs. You will need to provide evidence of any disability or health condition.

If you are on a HNC, HND degree or postgraduate qualification, you may be eligible to apply for support through the Disabled Student Allowance, through SAAS or your regional funding body if you are not a Scottish student.  Again, please ask for further information from Student Services.