Engineering Seminar - May 2022
UHI Outer Hebrides welcome international researchers to event showcasing energy engineering developments by local academics.
The College is delighted to welcome Dr Marilize Everts, an acclaimed heat transfer specialist who is Senior Lecturer at the University of Pretoria, South Africa and Alexander von Humboldt Fellow at the University of Bayreuth, Germany.
Dr Everts’ contribution to science and research has been recognised by 30 awards and her findings have been published in leading academic journals.
Researchers from UHI will also give short presentations on their work, including on multiphase boiling and condensation heat transfer, desalination, supersonic flight, energy systems optimisation, energy meteorology, and project management lessons.
The seminar is a great opportunity to hear about the high-quality research being undertaken at UHI Outer Hebrides. Two seminar sessions will be held and delegates are welcome to attend either or both.
Dr Roy Bartle, Research Fellow at UHI Outer Hebrides said, “We are delighted to be able to welcome renowned academics such as Dr Everts to UHI Outer Hebrides and also to present the internationally-significant work being done by our research teams here in Stornoway.
This event is a wonderful opportunity for anyone interested in studying Energy Engineering at all levels from school-leavers to PhD students and beyond, and for public and private sector stakeholders, to find out more about the excellent facilities and expertise we have locally.”
About UHI Outer Hebrides:
- UHI Outer Hebrides is a further and higher education college in the Outer Hebrides, Scotland. We are part of the University of the Highlands and Islands.
- We have centres throughout the Outer Hebrides - Our Centres - UHI Outer Hebrides
- You can find out more about studying at UHI Outer Hebrides –
- Search our courses - Courses - UHI Outer Hebrides
- Hear more from our students - Student stories (uhi.ac.uk)