We benefit from a high-quality library service, allowing the learning community to enjoy cost-effective information and learning resource services through a range of media.
If you want to take your books down to the beach, you can. (Just try not to get salt water on the pages, please!) Our Library Guide explains all you need to know about the services and resources we provide, including how to borrow library books. You’ll also find out how to access our online Library, which provides you with 24/7 access to many thousands of eBooks, journal and magazine articles, digital maps, British Standards, reports, study guides, reference management tools and much more.
Library Opening Times - Summer 2022
Our normal term time opening hours are 9 am to 5 pm Monday to Friday (closed Saturday and Sunday throughout the year). However, during the 2022 summer break our opening times are as follows:
- 29th and 30th June - Closed
- 1st July to 28th July - Open 9 am to 1 pm
- 29th July to 1st August - (College Closure Days)
- 2nd August to 12 August - Open 9 am to 1 pm
- 15th August to 17th August - Closed
- 18th August to 19th August - Open 9 am to 1 pm
- From 22nd August our normal 9 am to 5 pm opening hours resume.
Books can also be returned via the Book Return Box, located outside the Library entrance from 9 to 5 pm, alternatively they can be handed in at reception.
Please note if you are not a UHI student or staff member access to the Library is by appointment only and you must sign in at reception. This applies throughout the year.