NQ BUSINESS, ADMINISTRATION AND MARKETING SQA Level 6
What is special about this course?
This is a brand new course for anyone wishing to embark on a career, or progress to further study, in Business, Administration or Marketing.
Designed for the modern work environment, this course will give you an excellent grounding in administration technologies, business and marketing approaches, whilst also incorporating important finance and customer service skills, crucial for all relevant career options.
During your course, we introduce you to using a range of digital technologies, which will help you get the most from your course and at the same time develop your digital skills. Find out more about key computing skills and essential student skills.
You normally need to commit to 18 hours per week of blended learning time consisting of timetabled learning and personal study. Timetabled learning will place from Wednesday to Friday.
The course contains 4 NPA Qualifications. These are:
- NPA Business with Information Technology
- NPA Business with Marketing
- NPA Administration: Information Technology and Audio
- NPA PC Passport
The unit topics you will study include:
- Understanding business
- Marketing basic principles
- IT units covering: word processing, spreadsheets, presentations and databases
- Customer service skills, incl social media skills
- Management skills
- Event organisation
- Recording cash transactions
- Audio and e-touch typing skills
More than just your subject
Imagine coming out of college with your subject qualification PLUS a portfolio of skills endorsed by employers. That’s exactly what you will get with us. Our skills+ portfolio is part of your full-time course. You will develop skills in digital literacy, entrepreneurship, metaskills, work-readiness, net-zero, wellbeing, and the skills you need for your future aspirations. Our skills+ portfolio becomes your portfolio to take away with you. Whilst studying your subject you will build your skills+ portfolio and gain confidence and resilience along the way.
- 1 Scottish Higher at grade C or above OR
- 1 A Level at grade D or above
- Alternatively, an NC/NQ Business, Administration or Accounting at SCQF Level 5 or above OR
- Completion of a Foundation Apprenticeship in: Accountancy; Financial Services; or Business Skills
- Prospective students without the standard entry requirements as listed above may still be eligible for a place dependent upon their previous studies/work experience
How will I study my course?
- Full Time
This course is delivered with blended learning.
How long will my course last?s
Where can I study my course?
- UHI Outer Hebrides
Costs as advertised.
What can I do on completion of my course?
This qualification could be your start to a successful career in many business sectors, as well as providing a good platform to continue onto further study both here and further afield including:
Both of these courses are taught in a live online classroom and can be studied from any of our college centres or from home.
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
Apply for NQ BUSINESS, ADMINISTRATION AND MARKETING SQA Level 6
We are delighted that you are thinking about studying at UHI Outer Hebrides. UHI Outer Hebrides operates a fair and open admissions system committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination. We consider all applications on merit and on the basis of ability to achieve, without discrimination on grounds of age, disability, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity status, race, religion and/or belief, sex, sexual orientation or socio-economic background. We welcome applications from all prospective students and aim to provide appropriate and efficient services to students with disabilities.