REHIS Intermediate Food Hygiene SCQF Level 7
Course code D620
What is special about this course?
The REHIS Intermediate Food Hygiene Course (SCQF level 7) is a recognised qualification throughout the UK. Aimed at supervisors or managers, this qualification will enable you to manage staff who are producing food for sale, ensuring your business meets the appropriate food safety legislation.
- Offered over two weeks
- Revision time built in to the timetable
- Delivered locally and face to face
- You should be in the hospitality industry and already employed or seeking employment as a supervisor or manager, but without a recognised food hygiene qualification
- Eligible applicants who have already gained the REHIS Elementary Food Hygiene (SCQF level 5) or equivalent will be suited to this course
Year 1 - SCQF level 7
You will study the following core modules:
- Bacterial food poisoning and food borne infection
- Non-bacterial food poisoning
- Food contamination, food preservation
- Personal hygiene, the working environment, cleaning and disinfection
- Food storage and temperature control, common pests, HACCAP, supervisory management, legislation
How will I study my course?
- Part-time (structured)
- You will study this course by way of face-to-face lectures
How long will my course last?
- Part-time (structured): 30 hours (2 weeks @ 15 hours per week)
Number of hours per week indicates the total number of hours you should dedicate to the course, which includes time spent in lectures and your own time spent on individual study and research.
Where can I study my course?
- Outer Hebrides
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information on fees and funding.
External scholarships and financial support may be available. Contact the relevant UHI partner college for more information.
What can I do on completion of my course?
Once you have successfully completed this course, you might like to consider careers in:
- Food manufacturing
- Food retail
Can I progress into further study?
You may wish to progress onto the REHIS Advanced Food Hygiene Course (SCQF level 8).
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
Apply for REHIS Intermediate Food Hygiene SCQF Level 7
Please note that UHI North Highland, UHI Outer Hebrides and UHI West Highland will be changing their names to become UHI North, West and Hebrides in August 2023. This will not impact on your choice of course or how and where you will study.
We are delighted that you are thinking about studying at the University of the Highlands and Islands. We operate a fair and open admissions system committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination. We consider all applications on merit and on the basis of ability to achieve, without discrimination on grounds of gender, age, disability, ethnicity and socio-economic background. We welcome applications from all prospective students and aim to provide appropriate and efficient services to students with disabilities.