Design Innovation and High Technology
What is special about this course?
- Cross-disciplinary course between Engineering & Computing, bringing together linked technology areas in programming/coding, electronics, robotics & artificial intelligence
- Equips candidates with in-demand skills in high technology areas of the present & future economy
2 National 5’s including Maths & a Science/Technology related topic.
- The course consists of four compulsory modules:
- Computer Programming
- Robotics Project
- Computer Aided Design
Additional optional units will be selected from high technology subject areas including:
- Games Programming
- Sound and Music Engineering
- Internet Programming
- Multimedia Technology
How will I study my course?
- Full Time
- Part Time
Classroom, lab & workshop based face to face.
How long will my course last?1 Academic Year
Where can I study my course?
- UHI Outer Hebrides
- UHI Outer Hebrides (Stornoway Campus)
Please note, UHI Outer Hebrides will be changing its name to UHI North, West and Hebrides in August 2023. This will not impact on your choice of course or how and where you will study.
Please contact email@example.com for details on the next start date of this course.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information on fees and funding.
What can I do on completion of my course?
- Successful candidates will develop core skills that will enhance career prospects in STEM related areas of the economy.
- The programme will allow progression into Engineering/Computing sectors at technician level
- Candidates will gain a range of skills that will enhanced employability
- Project & project management skills included
Further study opportunities
- Progression route to higher education in engineering or computing at HNC level.
- Option to complete national group awards at Higher Level for progression to degree level studies in Engineering or Computing
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
Apply for Design Innovation and High Technology
Please contact our Admin team for further information on:
01851 770 000
We are delighted that you are thinking about studying at UHI Outer Hebrides. Please note, UHI Outer Hebrides will be changing its name to UHI North, West and Hebrides in August 2023. This will not impact on your choice of course or how and where you will study. UHI Outer Hebrides operates a fair and open admissions system committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination. We consider all applications on merit and on the basis of ability to achieve, without discrimination on grounds of age, disability, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity status, race, religion and/or belief, sex, sexual orientation or socio-economic background. We welcome applications from all prospective students and aim to provide appropriate and efficient services to students with disabilities.