Harland & Wolff Modern Apprenticeships
UHI Outer Hebrides are delighted to be working with Harland & Wolff to support 12 new Modern Apprenticeships at Arnish in Stornoway.
These unique training programmes offer :
- the chance to gain hands-on experience through a safe workplace placement, providing vocational training and education.
- One to one dedicated mentoring
- Shipyard training facilities
- Opportunity to earn while you learn
- Support and learning in college from the UHI Outer Hebrides engineering team
- Download the leaflet to find out more
- Apply now
- Join our upcoming engineering Taster Session
- Book a one to one appointment with staff to chat about your career options
Hear from our Apprentices currently working at Arnish:
“I chose this apprenticeship as I was looking to gain a trade without having to go away. You get paid to learn your trade and whilst being at home it is far more beneficial to me and is more affordable. After 3 or 4 years you will hopefully be qualified in the trade you have chosen and will be able to have more freedom. Being able to stay at home was the best part about an apprenticeship at UHI Outer Hebrides whilst others have to go away. We are offered good support throughout the apprenticeship.”
Ross Maciver, 18, Welding Apprenticeship